Saturday, June 28, 2008

Kids say the funniest things

Sometimes you can't help but laugh at what your kids say. A little while ago Tanner was offering our dinner time prayer. We had several different items on our plates and I have to admit that I was peeking during the prayer. Actually, since becoming a mom I have a hard time keeping my eyes closed during prayers because I'm usually keeping an eye on the kids. As Tanner prayed this time he was pointing to the different items on his plate and saying "Please bless this, and this, but not this, and not this, and not this." It was easy to tell what he liked and what he did not like for dinner that night.

Today I was feeding Bradon and Ethan wanted to sit with me too. He started to get up on my lap, but then thought better of it and said, "I'll just sit on the side of the chair, I don't want to sit on an old lady's lap." Excuse me? I'm only 31, and even though I once received the Senior Citizens discount at Kohl's (by mistake I believe) I don't think I look that old. Somebody reassure me.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

So funny! Rylee told me the other day that I'm not old. She said most moms are really old...like 30 or something. Funny how that perspective changes with time.