Funny how spoiled I am after having my three other children come early. It really wasn't fair that Ethan was my first born and came so early. . . forever spoiling my expectations of when my children should arrive. Less than a week now until my due date and this baby officially has won the prize for being my "latest" baby yet! Maybe he's scared that he's being born into such a crazy household! He shouldn't be too scared though. Most of the time the house is clean and the kids are pleasant with each other. We actually have it pretty good around here. I think every woman who's ever been pregnant knows how hard the last few weeks of pregnancy can be. You don't really ever feel comfortable, it hurts to bend over, sleep is a distant memory and you have to go to the bathroom all the time. I'd much rather be holding a cute little newborn. The good news is that I can rest assured that this will come to an end in the next couple of weeks.
This last weekend I went to Taipan Trading to use the gift card Brian got me for Christmas. I love the store and Brian knows he can't go wrong getting me a gift card there. One of the things that I love about our new house is the high shelves in my kitchen. They're fun to decorate. I was able to pick up a few things for Valentine's Day since I really don't have any Valentine's Day stuff. I got the heart wreath, the swans and the Wuthering Heights book. I think it turned out pretty nice. I like shopping at Taipan because I can get ideas for how to display things in an interesting way. I don't consider myself much of a decorator so I take any help that I can get!
Today Brian also clued me in to a great deal. He went to buy me a card at the Hallmark store at the Valley Fair Mall and discovered that the store is going out of business. Everything in the store was 75% off (with the exception of their Valentine's Day stuff) so I was able to pick up some note cards, wrapping paper and some other items for next to nothing. It's nice to have a husband who knows a great bargain when he sees one.
The other good news is that January is almost over! January is NOT my favorite month of the year. There's that feeling of post-holiday let down, the cold temperatures keep everyone cooped up inside, and it's discouraging to think that Brian's next day off comes on Memorial Day - still almost 4 months away! So I'm happy that next week is the last week of January, and I'm happy that it's still light outside at 5:30 in the evening. I can't wait for longer days and more sunshine!
1 comment:
That looks so cute! I love decorating for holidays.
Post a Comment