It's beginning to look like I might not be pregnant forever. To all the moms out there who go weeks over their due date (including my own mom when she was pregnant with me) I salute you. I believe that when my mom was pregnant with me I was due on September 24th and I was born on October 9th. Is it any wonder that I was 10 pounds and had started to lose weight when I was finally born? I don't know how my mother did it. She has a lot more patience than I have.
Yesterday was my doctor's appointment and baby is still in good shape. His little heart is pumping away and he's still moving around trying to get comfortable. I keep moving around trying to get comfortable as well. If the baby doesn't make an appearance before next Tuesday I am scheduled to be induced on that day. Since I'm not counting today that means I only have 5 days to go! I can do it. I've had a headache since Saturday that comes and goes on the left side of my head. I want to attribute it to the lack of sleep I've been getting and I'm hoping it will go away once baby arrives.
Last night Ethan was asking me why it's uncomfortable to be pregnant. I told him to imagine he had to hold a basketball around his middle while he did everything. That seemed to help him understand. Then I told him I had been pregnant for 40 weeks and I asked him how many weeks there are in a year. When he said 52 weeks I saw the light go on in his head and he said "That means you've been pregnant for almost a year!" I think he was impressed. Now he's just hoping that I don't go into labor today because he's counting on watching the BYU vs. San Diego State game tonight on television at my parent's home. We have to keep our priorities straight around here!
5 comments:
How exciting! Good luck with the delivery--I wish you a speedy, painfree experience :) I too have been spoiled to never go to my due date, 4 out of our 6 were born at 37 weeks--my mom was the same as yours, always going over, way over.
I always make them induce me a week early because I'm too miserable. I admire your stamina. It DOES help to know there's an end and you won't be pregnant forever. Sending you lots of love. Here's hoping that you're comfortable soon!
Were you trying to be funny when you said you were looking forward to some sleep? : ) Can't wait to meet the new little Hepworth!
Hang in there! Congratulations!
Waiting to hear your birth story and see your new little one. Tricia
Post a Comment