Well, it's about that time. The baby is due next week and I'm feeling it. It's especially hard since I've become accustomed to having my babies come early. I am a little spoiled that way. Ethan came 19 days early, Tanner came 9 days early and Bradon was 11 days early. I think this baby will hold the record for lasting the longest in my tummy. I'm anxious to meet the little guy and just about everything is ready to go. I have my hospital bag packed with a list of last minute things to throw in. I have a bag packed for the boys with one set of pajamas and an outfit for each of them. The crib is set up and the baby clothes have been washed. We found out that our car seat had expired (yes, they have expiration dates printed on the bottom) and since I didn't want to be a negligent parent, Brian went out and purchased us a new one. The house is in order (as much as it can be with three young boys living here), and I'm keeping up with the laundry so that I don't have mountains of clothes waiting for me when I come home from the hospital.
It's kind of weird to live in expectation. Brian and I pretty much don't have any plans because we don't dare to schedule anything in case the baby makes his debut. I was glad that the baby didn't come over the weekend because I got to hear Brian's talk in our ward and I thought he did a fabulous job. If I could make a request I would choose for the baby to come during the week, during the daytime so that my doctor can deliver this one (so far he's one for three). Both Tanner and Bradon were born at night, and Ethan was born on a holiday so I haven't had a "regular" hours delivery yet.
My sister, Jenny, reminded me last night that I had been scheduled to be induced when I had Tanner. I'm not sure that I'm quite to that point yet with this one. I'm not sleeping very well, but I haven't been for at least the past month. My thighs get really numb when I sleep and it's so uncomfortable that most nights I end up downstairs on the couch. Some mornings I return to my bed after Brian goes to work, but I frequently find that our bed has been invaded by one or two wandering souls (almost always Bradon and sometimes Tanner). It's hard to think about having three little people in our home not sleeping at night!
At my last doctor's appointment I was 2 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced. My next appointment is Wednesday. Barring some great hardship I imagine I can make it to an appointment next week without scheduling and induction, but beyond that I think I'll be ready to move things along. But I'm still crossing my fingers that this is the week! My apologies for the lengthy musings, but it's what's on my mind these days!
6 comments:
Come on Baby!!!!
We are all so excited to meet him! Hurry up little man! :)
Can't wait to have another baby in the family. So excited to meet him!!
As one who has had 2 babies be almost a week late (one after having his due date pushed back nearly 2 weeks), I can relate. 9 months pregnant is not the most comfy way to live. Hang in there, and come on baby Hepworth!! Grandma Marlene is home, come out and play!!!
We need an update! How are you doing? I'm assuming no baby yet. I hope he comes soon for your sake. Love you!
Love your title for this particular post. It conjures up some of the fun music from "Oh Brother Where Art Thou". I can hear Alison Krauss singing it now "Oh baby let's go down, let's go down, come on down....
Post a Comment