Sunday, January 9, 2011

My New Toy

I've been looking into getting a new laptop for some time now and we finally decided to invest in one. I originally purchased a laptop from Sams Club after Thanksgiving that seemed pretty nice, but I never opened the box and kept looking for a better deal.

The last week of December I found a nifty looking laptop at the Dell Outlet store that I could use with a 15% off coupon. It's a refurbished model, but when it came it looked absolutely brand new and it's been running great. I feel completely spoiled because it runs so much faster and more smoothly than our desktop or our older laptop. It has better specs than the one we bought from Sams and actually ended up costing $15 less! We got it for $512 after taxes. Check it out below. It has a 17" screen which is perfect for me since I rarely leave home with my laptop. It has an Intel Core i5-460m processor, a blu-ray drive, 6GB of RAM, and a 640 GB hard drive and a web cam. Last night I loaded Adobe Photoshop onto it and used it to edit some of my pictures. When I use Photoshop on my old computer I'll click on it and it will finally load about 20 minutes later, so imagine my delight when it loaded last night in under a minute. I love it and now I don't have any excuses for not keeping up with our pictures and blogging (except that we do have a baby arriving in the next couple of weeks and he might require a bit of time).

2 comments:

Melodie said...

I love to follow your life on your blog. You are such an adorable family ... Let us know when that baby arrives!!
We love you all!
Melodie

Becky said...

Congrats on that new toy! My "new" toy is a pretty shade of light green and is almost 2 years old but I still love it as much as did the day I got it :)