In this picture Ethan is just getting off one of the slides and Jase and Anna are watching:
Monday, August 25, 2008
Ethan's Birthday Party
We had the opportunity to have another birthday party for Ethan at Backyard Adventures this year. I have been a finalist in the FM100 Ultimate Backyard Giveaway two years running now, and the consolation prize is a birthday party at the store. I don't know if I can keep this winning streak up, but now Ethan has pretty high expectations for his birthday parties. This year we had a really great time. Even the adults had a lot of fun! Ethan invited some friends and Anna, Jase, Demmek and Andrew ended up being able to come. He also had his grandparents, cousins Riser, Kayson, and Anna, Uncles Mat, Sam, Chris and Karl; and Aunts Susie, Jenny, and Rachel. And we mustn't forget to mention mom, dad and brothers Tanner and Bradon. Bradon and Kayson weren't too into the slides this year ;-)
In this picture Ethan is just getting off one of the slides and Jase and Anna are watching:
Anna, Jase and Anna (yes, 2 Anna's) running around:
Rachel encourages Anna to try the inflatables out. I think Rachel spent most of her time sitting in the bounce room watching Anna. She couldn't try out the slides since she is expecting a baby boy in October.
Jenny, Riser and Karl all enjoyed the slides. Riser loved the place and had a huge grin on his face the entire time:
Anna and Andrew race down one of the slides:
Tanner and Mat getting off the obstacle course slide:
Demmek makes an ascent on the obstacle course:
Bounce, Riser and Tanner! Bounce!
Yep, Riser just loved the slides. He was so brave! He's not even two yet! Tanner still doesn't dare try the slides by himself. I'm so impressed.
And as proof, here's Tanner coming down the slide with Uncle Sam:
Riser, Karl, and Papa Larry enjoy the bouncing room:
Look at Riser go!
Ethan is having a good time:
Ethan, Andrew and Demmek tackle the obstacle course together:
Ethan even got to sit in the T-Rex's mouth. Luckily he wasn't on the lunch menu.
We had pizza for lunch and all of the kids enjoyed choosing their own drink from the machine:

I like this shot of Ethan with the three red heads. I love all that red hair!
There was plenty of food and fun for everyone, even the adults:

We had a cake for Ethan, but he had to pretend to blow out the candles because it was a little breezy in the room due to the inflatables:
Karl and Kayson snuggle in the T-Rex claw while Anna looks on:
Then Anna decided she wanted to try it out too:
Here comes Tanner!
And there goes Ethan down the slide:
Anna and Riser bounce together. Riser did a face plant, but it didn't bother him in the least:
Now he's back at it with his big grin:
Cousin Anna wasn't too sure about the slides. She liked to bounce, but the slides seemed to make her a bit uneasy. At the very end just as it was time to leave she asked Chris and Susie to take her down one of the slides, but I think she was still a little skeptical:
Thanks to everyone who came! We had so much fun. I still have one more party that I received because I signed Ethan up for a photo shoot for the company last year, and even though he didn't end up being needed, but they still gave me a voucher for a free party. It expires in the spring so I'm thinking of maybe booking it when Austin & FayLyn and Jeff & Rachel are in town if the dates coincide. We could have a fun family party with all the cousins. We'll see if it works out.
In this picture Ethan is just getting off one of the slides and Jase and Anna are watching:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what fun! Thanks for inviting us. Riser is sitting here with a big grin just thinking about how much fun he had. We can't wait till our next party.
Post a Comment