Thursday, August 14, 2008

The shivers and the freaks

Last week we were at Chick-Fil-A after a night of swimming at Brandon & Jenn's pool. We usually go there during lunch when the place was packed, but that night the boys and Anna were about the only kids playing in the play area.

They played for a while and then Ethan came out with a concerned expression on his face. He said there was something in the play room that was giving him "the shivers and the freaks." I don't know where he got that expression from, but I suspect that it relates to something that he's heard on Scooby Doo. Anyway, he said he was hearing a noise and I guess it spooked him since he was the only one in there at the time.

Brandon volunteered to go and investigate. He climbed up into the play area and was able to determine that the cause of the noise that was giving Ethan "the shivers and the freaks" was coming from the car and the airplane inside the play area. Apparently they make noise, but usually it's so packed with shrieking kids you can't even hear the sounds.

Mystery solved. Chick-Fil-A is not haunted. We can all continue to enjoy chicken nuggets and feel assured of our safety.

2 comments:

Jenn and Brandon said...

Ever since that night, I've been getting the shivers and the freaks too. . .it's a crazy phenomenon!

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Shivers and freaks . . . that's a pretty good description if I do say so myself.