Thursday, August 14, 2008

Anna Comes to Play in the Sandbox

We really loved having Anna in town because that meant that she could come over and play! One night Rachel went out with her friends and Grandma brought her out to our house. She and the boys really had a lot of fun. Brian was kind enough to dig the trenched and get the sandbox ready to be flooded.
Tanner is wearing his pajama top with his shorts. That's because earlier in the day he had managed to put a gas mask over his shoulder and head that he wouldn't let me get off because he said it hurt. I had to take him to Ethan's swimming lessons that way, but Grandma H. was there and offered to buy him a snow cone if he let me take the gas mask off. That did the trick. However, somehow I never managed to finish dressing him. Anna got right in there with the boys. She wasn't afraid to get dirty.




Tanner decided that you could "swim" in the river. It was funny to watch Anna while he was doing this. You could tell that she was trying to decide whether Tanner was crazy or if he had a great idea.



Anna ultimately decided it was ok to sit right down it the mud. Later on she would say she was stuck and would call for help. I think she was just testing the boys to see whether they would come to her rescue because when they'd start to come over to help her she would get right up.
After a bath (totally unnecessary, I know), Anna found a toy she liked in Ethan and Tanner's room.
All in all I think it was a good night. We even had Popsicles as per Anna's request. It was fun to have a visit from cousin Anna!




1 comment:

Becky said...

Okay you are the best mom ever! I have avoided a sandbox from the day I became a mom. I know the kids would LOVE one but I am too much of a prude to deal with the sand mess coming into the house. Maybe I'll bring my kids over for a sand party at your house! The pictures are so cute--I love the one of Tanner up to his armpits in the trench!