Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Brotherly Love

Ethan & Tanner just love their little brother. They smother him in kisses, love to talk to him and are so protective of him. They are great big brothers. They always want to help hold and feed him.
Tanner likes to hold Bradon all by himself. I'll place Bradon on his lap and Tanner will tell me to go away. Yeah right. I know he wants to be a good big brother, but I'm not quite ready to put that must trust in him!


Maybe it's too early to say something like this, but I really feel like having three kids is easier than having two. When you have your second child the first one feels a little dethroned. They no longer have your undivided attention, and there is a new little person who is stealing some of your time. It was hard for Ethan when Tanner was born, although he eventually got used to it and they're good buddies now. When Bradon was born both of my boys were excited and I haven't had any problems with jealousy (knock on wood). And the best part is that when I'm doing something for the baby they can play together and entertain each other. I love that. The downside of having three kids is that someone seems to be awake in our house 24/7. That makes it pretty tough to get any rest. Sometimes I feel like I'm a walking zombie, but I know that this too shall pass. One day I'll have three teenage boys who will keep me up at night and I might be longing for this days when they were little. I've got to treasure this time and not care too much about the lost nights of sleep.

3 comments:

jen&boys said...

I love that 1st picture. What cte boys! Bradon looks so much like Brian in that one.

Dasha said...

Great pictures! I especially like the one with the three of them on a white blanket.

Kim said...

Hi Cynthia! I saw your blog off the Holdens. I sure miss seeing Ethan each week in Primary - and your new boy is so darling, congrats!