Friday, August 15, 2008

Ethan is a Swimmer

Is summer really almost over? It went by so quickly. One of the highlights for Ethan was definitely swimming lessons at Geri's Swim School. Last year he was very timid and I was afraid he might be this year too. However, by day 4 he was jumping in! Hooray!Here he is with his teacher.
Doing the back float.
Practicing his arm motion.
He loved going under the water.
Both Tanner and Ethan enjoyed the snack shop where they could enjoy a snow cone. Ethan chose Tiger's Blood every time. Tanner was more adventurous and tried other flavors, eventually deciding that he like Tiger's Blood and Godzilla the best.

Towards the end of the two weeks Ethan was able to try the swimming motion on his own. I was so proud of him!




I'm posting several videos because Ethan is so proud of how much he learned this year and loves to watch himself swim! Way to go Ethan!

















3 comments:

jen&boys said...

I was so impressed with him jumping in the pool last week. What a change! You're awesome E! We're proud of you!

Nicole said...

Michael Phelps in the making! Great job E!

Becky said...

Oh my word, I took lessons at the Geri swim school! I also took lessons at the Redwood and Granger pools...never did learn to swim...Way to go Ethan!