Friday, September 30, 2011

What else did we do in the summertime?

Summer went by way too fast, especially since Ethan really only had a few weeks of summer break this year because of his school schedule.  After school started back up we managed to squeeze a few more activities into the traditional summer time frame.  We went up to my family's cabin one weekend and we took the steep hike down to the creek, which was flowing swift and deep for a change.

 I went to the Parade of Homes with my mom and dad.  I know I'm all grown up, but I still love hanging out with my awesome parents.  The "Up" house was part of this year's Parade, which was a disappointment overall.  Good thing the company was great!
 We went to the zoo a couple of times.


 My long time friend and wonderful mission companion, Cheryl, got married in the Timpanogas Temple in August.
 Brian and I got to spend the day hanging out with some of my favorite people.  In the morning we picked up my friends Michelle and Rob and drove down to Lehi to pick up my friend Kate.  We all went to the yummy wedding breakfast that morning.  Cheryl looked beautiful and very happy.  After the breakfast we browsed the BYU Bookstore and took a tour of Kate's school.  Then it was off to the temple!

I felt so privileged to be able to be in the temple with Cheryl and Blake and their families and my good friends.  Michelle and I served in Denmark together as well and Kate was my roommate after my mission (she's an honorary Dane).  At the temple we met up with another one of my mission companions, Tiffany.  The picture below is of Michelle, me and Tiffany.
 And this one is of me, Michelle and Kate.
 I can't say enough about how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends.  It was terrific to spend such a happy day together.  I didn't take any pictures at Cheryl's reception because the boys came down with us to that - but it was pretty great.  It was in a beautiful orchard and Cheryl had hidden Mickey's all over the orchard and a candy bar that my boys loved.

We also went to my dad's family reunion in August.  The one and only picture I got was of the hill where they set up a water slide each year.  Bradon loved this and Brian did his best to protect him from all the bigger kids.
I love fall too, but I'm really sad to leave summer behind.  I love the not-so-structured days and the beautiful, warm evenings.  Goodbye Summer 2011!

No comments: