Friday, September 30, 2011

Anders at 6 to 8 months

As of this week my little Anders is 8 months old, but these pictures were taken just after he turned 6 months.  Anders has turned into a beautiful, blue-eyed boy with blond hair that has a hint of red in it.  Who would have thought when he was born with such a dark head of hair?  It will be interesting to see if his hair turns more brown like Ethan's has over time.
 I don't know how I've lucked out, but Anders continues to be a very pleasant baby.  The only times he doesn't seem happy are when he's sick.  He's had a couple of stomach aches that took their toll on him, and a couple of week ago he got a double ear infection that dimmed his light for awhile, but now he's back to his smiling ways.  He also seems to have some trouble with milk products.  He loves ice cream and pudding, but they seem to make him break out in hives, so I'm looking for other products that he can enjoy.  I hope it's something that he'll outgrow, but we'll see.
 Around six months he did get a little ornery whenever I set him down to try and get him to play.  He learned to hate his play mat and bouncy seat because he knew when he was placed there he was about to be ignored.  It seemed he was only satisfied when he was being carried around, forward facing please.  That made it a real challenge to make dinner and I found myself praying some days that he would take a nap around dinner time so that the rest of the family could eat.
 The world opened up for him a little more when he learned to roll (which he has now mastered) and life was really good when he learned to sit up a couple of weeks ago.  Now he can properly observe his surroundings and sit up to play with his toys.  I'm sure it will soon dawn on him that he'd like to get around a little better and then we'll really have our hands full with this handsome baby brother!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Such a cute smile! Love him to pieces!