Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Snowy, Blowy Weekend

We've had a lot of wind the past few days. Earlier this fall a strong wind broke two branches off of one of the trees in our front yard. This week the wind wreaked havoc with the gate on the west side of our house. We lost the pin that holds the gate closed and Brian had to rope the gate closed until we can find a better fix.

Last night Brian and Ethan braved the bad weather and headed down to BYU with Brian's brothers, Sam and Mat. I was happy they could all go together since Bri doesn't get to spend as much time with his younger brothers as he would like too. My mom called during the second half to see how they were fairing because it was snowing so hard up here. I looked outside and became concerned as well, but I was happy to learn that it wasn't raining or snowing in Provo.
The view from their bargain $10 seats. Too bad you can't get tickets at that price on a regular basis.
Ethan was very pleased that BYU carried off a nice win 40-7 over New Mexico.
Traffic was a mess coming home and they didn't make it back home until after 10 p.m. I was relieved to see them come through the door. After Ethan collapsed into bed Brian and I went out to do some snow shoveling and came inside a little after 11 to go to bed.
We woke up to this:

Ethan and Tanner just LOVED playing in the snow today. They were out there for hours today. They helped Brian shovel and then they played and played. It was a perfect wet snow for their snowball makers so they made tons of snowballs.
Our neighbor across the street is very creative and made this snow turkey. There's a sign to the right of it that reads "Celebrate Christmas."

Bradon wanted nothing to do with the snow. I tried to dress him up in his snow clothes, but he squirmed away and took it off. No playing in the snow for him. Instead he sat in the garage for a bit with his blanket and observed. Brrrr.
What a snowstorm!
Brian did his share of shoveling up and down our street. I guess a lot of our neighbors have snowblowers, but none of them were working. We have a friendly street and everyone was out helping each other.
We hadn't been inside for very long late in the morning when word came from our neighbor that church was cancelled! Our building didn't have heat and our bishop made the call to cancel the block. Our boys were very excited. However, it wasn't enough to get Brian out of his high council speaking assignment. While he went to speak in the ward he was assigned to the boys and I settled in to watch "The Best Two Years." Not exactly a church approved film, but it entertains them.
And later in the day our neighbor completed another snow project, this time a giant penguin.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments: