I've never made caramel apples before, but this year I wanted to give it a try after seeing a yummy recipe in my Taste of Home magazine. The caramel turned out great - it was really delicious, but a little runny. I guess I may need to invest in a candy thermometer at some point to do it perfectly, but it didn't turn out too bad all things considered.
I let the kids do their own decorating. Tanner's friend T was over so he got to do two apples as well.

We decorated with melted chocolate, crushed peanut butter cups, and sprinkles.


Bradon was a little more interested in his
Leapster than the decorating. The kid loves his gadgets.
I wish I had some of that caramel now! I had a lot left over and I really should have saved it for dipping apples, but I didn't think about it at the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment