Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

Do you ever think that the commercial side of Easter is kind of strange? I do. This year I decided to do away with the myth of the Easter bunny. I mean who thought that an Easter bunny hiding a bunch of eggs was a good idea? It puzzles me a bit. Ethan had it figured out pretty much anyway, so I just told him that mom and dad hide the eggs. We did our Easter egg hunt on Saturday so that we could reserve Sunday for the true meaning of Easter.

Here the boys have their baskets ready: Waiting at the top of the stairs since we did our hunt downstairs this year:
Bradon got to be the first one down the stairs and finally came down after much coaxing. I think he thought he was going to be able to play the Wii.
Bradon sort of got it this year. He picked up a few pieces of candy but honestly wasn't that interested in the whole process. He was content with a few chocolates.
Tanner gathered eggs until he felt his basket was too heavy. Ethan definitely gathered the most.
Here are Ethan and Tanner with their new Star Wars helmets that they've been anticipating receiving for months. I was going to give the helmets to them for Christmas, but then decided not to so they got them yesterday instead. They have loved them and have been chasing around with them on ever since.

It was nice to have a Saturday at home with the family. It was a relaxing and quiet day and Ethan said it was "a perfect day." This Easter weekend was especially wonderful because it was also General Conference weekend. You couldn't ask for a better combination.

1 comment:

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

It does look like you had a "perfect day."