Thursday, April 29, 2010

Could this be the house?

After weeks of searching for our next home I think I may have found it. Tomorrow is the bank deadline for our contract with the short sale, and I don't think it's going to come through. We'll see. The house in Sandy I liked was too much money and they wouldn't come down, so that's out. I decided against the new construction because it was on a main entry into the subdivision, so we were essentially back to square one.

I have searched the MLS countless times. I have visited at least 40 homes and each time I went out searching my search broadened. I've looked in Murray, Sandy, West Jordan, South Jordan and Riverton. But I think I've found The One. We are under contract to buy this home in a lovely neighborhood west of Airport #2 in West Jordan. I really wanted a rambler, but for some reason almost all of the ramblers that I saw were just yucky, so my top two choices were two-stories. The picture above just doesn't do this house justice. I really does have fabulous landscaping and it's on a south-facing lot on a quiet street, within walking distance of a nice park with lots of grass for playing football or baseball.

I took Brian and Ethan to see the house tonight along with Brian's family. How many husbands out there would let their wife pick a house and sign a contract to buy it without ever having seen the place? My wonderful husband would. I don't mean to say that he didn't help with this venture because he also scoured the MLS with me on many a late night and I'm grateful for his support and listening ear during this process.

This home is BIG! Over 3000 square feet! Wow! It has four finished bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. And it has a garage. I can't wait to park my van in a garage. Check it out below.

The picture above is of the main living room. A little small, but I don't think this room will get a lot of use anyway.
This is the main floor family room, right off the kitchen. The kids will have a place to play while I make dinner.
The upstairs bathroom for the kids.
The kitchen
The master bathroom in this house is AMAZING. It has a heated slate floor, double sinks, double shower heads in the shower, a jacuzzi tub with heat lamps above it, just crazy. Brian thinks he's going to quit work to spend more time in the bathroom :)
This is the basement family room with plenty of space to play, wired for surround sound, and plumbed for a future bathroom. The best part of this basement is that it has a HUGE storage room. Really, really big. I can't wait to have a nice place to put all of my food storage.

And finally, the backyard. It has a shed, and a really nice patio on the east (shady in the evening) side of the house perfect for entertaining. There is another concrete pad on the west side of the house that the people currently have an RV parked on. The big question is where to put the basketball hoop?

So this might be it folks. Tomorrow I'm scheduling an inspection for next week and if all goes well maybe we'll be living in this home by Memorial Day!

4 comments:

**the muirs** said...

Woo Hoo! Cynthia that house looks so nice! I'm so excited for you guys, I will definitely keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for you!

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

YEAH--YOu're going to be an even closer neighbor now. I'm so excited for you! Frankly, I would love it if you just found a house for me too and signed the contract before I saw it . . .I hate house hunting. : ) Brian has the right idea for sure.

Hale Family said...

Beautiful! I hope it all works out for you!

Jenny said...

Hooray! What a great house. I hope all goes well.