Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Anders' First Taste of Baby Food

I remember being so excited the first time I got to feed Ethan baby food.  Maybe I'm a bad mom, but I have to say that with each additional child I feel less and less enthusiastic about this particular stage.  I guess it's because I already feel like I'm lucky to eat my food when it's warm because I usually have three other people needing something served or poured for them.

Anders has also been a bit of a special case because we've had a terrible time finding a formula that worked for him.  He's always been a pleasant baby, but regular formula was making his face have all kinds of problems and it looked like he had permanent baby acne.  So we switched to soy and that made him have problems with constipation.  Then we switched to a form of Similac that was a compromise, but not perfect.  Lastly, we've switched to Gerber soy and that seems to be working out pretty well.  His face still isn't as clear as I'd like it to be, and sometimes he does still have difficulty with constipation, but it's the best thing we've found so far.

With all of that said his first attempt at rice cereal was a bit delayed because we were working on finding a good formula for him and he couldn't start rice cereal until we found a formula that worked.  Well the day finally arrived on the 23rd of June when he could give the cereal a try.

Like most babies he wasn't too impressed.
 But he did slowly warm up to the idea.
 He likes it much better if it can be mixed with a bit of apple juice.  I think I would like it better that way too.
 Bradon and Tanner had to make sure they posed with their brother on this historic day.
Here's to many future eating adventures!

No comments: