Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's Finished!

It's 1:00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon, March 13th. Exactly five weeks have passed since we first tore out the kitchen and later our main floor bathroom. Everything is done. Brian just hauled all of our junk and debris to the dump. I just finished vacuuming the last room. The house has been cleaned from top to bottom.

I am exhausted. Brian is too.

But it's DONE!!! Special thanks to Brian's dad for the countless hours he spent helping us with things that we didn't know how to do. And to Brian's mom and siblings who went without their husband and father for many nights. Thank you to my dad who also came over on numerous occasions (one day even taking off some time from work to come out and help). Thank you to my mom who came over nearly every day for the past two weeks to help my thoroughly clean the house. She never told me that I was a horrible housekeeper (although I thought it myself a few times). She's cleaned things a person just shouldn't have to clean if it isn't their own house. Thank you for your company mom. You lightened my burden.

Thank you to my sister and Karl for watching my boys a couple of times so that we could work, work, work without little people around to undo the work that had just been accomplished. Thank you to my sweet sister-in-law, Kami, who came over two mornings to help me clean Bradon's room, the main floor bathroom, and Ethan and Tanner's room. Her help was invaluable and it was so nice to have company and to get to know her better. Thank you to my awesome brother Matt and his equally awesome wife Clancey for coming over one night and moving heavy things so we could clean and for helping me organize my truly appalling storage room.

Thank you to my wonderful boys. Ethan, Tanner and Bradon have been troopers. They have craved attention these past few weeks and have been good to play on their own when they would rather have been playing with us. I love those three little men.

What would we have done without all of these wonderful people? It makes me want to cry just thinking about it. We are so blessed. Truly. I would also be remiss if I didn't thank a loving Father in Heaven who has guided us through this process and who has given us energy when we didn't think we had any left.

Today I still have to prepare a lesson for Young Women's tomorrow and go to Costco to pick up a salad for my sister missionary reunion tonight. I promise that more details about the project and pictures are to follow. And for now I'm going to try and forget that I still have to clean the inside of the bathroom closet clean out my wardrobe downstairs.

4 comments:

Brett and Becca Muir said...

That is so exciting!! Now we just need to see the finished pictures.

Dasha said...

Dang, I was excited to see pictures. But I suppose I can wait a little longer. Good luck with the sell. It's wonderful to have family step in and help out. Enjoy the reunion. Hils alle! Knus.

Hale Family said...

Looks really nice! Your floor looks a lot like mine! I am jealous that you are done. What a nightmare remodeling a kitchen is, right? However, I just keep reminding myself of how blessed we are to be able to do it. And how happy I will be when it is done!

Becky Beck said...

Can't wait to see pictures! I didn't know you were doing a bathroom too! How ambitious!