My parents are adding onto their home and my boys just love all the construction going on! I thought some people may (or may not) be interested in how the remodel is going. I wish it were my house, but I don't love my house enough to remodel it. I've personally set a goal to move before school starts next year. I think that involves winning a large sum of money or having a wealthy relative pass away and leave us everything they had (but we don't know anyone like that so I'm not counting on it). But I digress. Here are the pictures:
Ethan is showing off the new entryway. This is my
parent's current living room and they've opened it up so that it will flow more smoothly into the great room.

Tanner loves playing on the scaffolding. Dangerous? Probably. But there's no stopping him. This is the new Great Room.

This was my parent's kitchen, but now it's going to be the dining room. That old banister is going away.

This is the new kitchen area on the south end of the house. My mom got her "Ivory Home" window that has a deep ledge. There will be an island where the boys are standing.

This is the mud room. Ethan and Tanner are standing where the washer and dryer will be. The door leads out into the south part of my parent's backyard.

This is also in the mud room and the boys are standing in the new pantry. To the left is the new garage door. It's hard to get used to not having the door to the garage in the place that it's been for the past 30 years!

My parent's living room. They have had the walls textured in here.

All the boys have been trying to help my dad do demolition work to save money. Here are my dad and Brian taking off the siding on the north end of the house.

This is a view of the addition looking south. Look at all of those windows! It will be nice to be able to look outside and easily spot the kids playing.

What is left of the great mound of dirt. The boys LOVED digging in the humongous piles of dirt that were around the yard. Now they have to make due with what's left. Boys can't seem to get enough dirt. Whenever we leave my parent's home their clothes are filthy.

The new family room. This shot was taken in the new kitchen looking north.

Check out the super high ceiling in this room! Wow! It's much more vaulted than I had envisioned.

This is the south side of the house showing the door leading from the mudroom to the backyard.
This is the south side of the house. Bye bye old siding!
This is the East side of the house looking North.
Tanner driving around in what's left of the backyard.
Another shot of my dad and Brian working on the house.

And finally, some photos of the little demolition crew. Ethan, Tanner and Riser were delighted the night that the general contractor told them that they could hammer away at the walls of the old kitchen. Pure joy.
Ethan and Tanner have told my dad that he can call them anytime if he needs their help. They just love to feel like they're helping with the project. Hopefully now that all the walls are up they won't take their hammers to them!
3 comments:
Oh My Gosh! I can't wait to see it.
That looks beautiful. Your mom is going to love it.
I agree with you completely. I still feel like a kid myself sometimes and probably act like it too. We had the sisters over for dinner a couple weeks ago and it just hit me that I'm actually 10 years older than them!! What babies! Ha! Are you still in contact with any of your companions? Do you facebook? It's fun but addicting. Russell Hinds recently moved out here. Small world.
Post a Comment