I frequently write about the funny things my boys say, but this week I was tattled on by Ethan when he repeated something I had told him. This is the conversation between my mom and I:
Mom: Do you know what Ethan just told me about his paper cut?
Me: What? That I did it?
Mom: No, he said that you told him that he got it because he was looking at a library book when he should have been reading the Book of Mormon.
Me [a little sheepishly]: I did tell him that.
Do I really believe that God would smite a 5 year old boy with a paper cut because he was perusing a library book when I was trying to read to him from the Book of Mormon? Of course not. So why did I say it? I plead temporary parental insanity. But it was effective. He immediately put down the library book and paid attention to the Book of Mormon. However, I think in the future I need to use other means for helping him read the scriptures.
2 comments:
so funny... It always amazes me how diferent my words sound when they're coming out of Riser's mouth!
Hey Cynthia,
My mom sent me pics of little Kayson and Jenny's blog address...I saw your blog on her site and had to check it out. This is the first I've seen of little Braden--he is so sweet! Your boys are all so cute! Maybe you heard Natalie had her baby on the 18th...as soon as she sends me pics I'll post them on our blog. --Becky Beck
Post a Comment