Saturday, September 8, 2007

When the bee stings. . .




Last night Ethan was playing out in the backyard hitting a bush and we think that a bee or some kind of something came flying out at him and stung him right between the nose.


Brian was mowing the lawn and heard him crying and screaming and came to his rescue. We called Bri's mom and my sister-in-law, Susie and got some medical advice. His face got a red patch extending from the top of his nose to his forehead, but that did seem to get better over time. We tried putting ice on it, gave him Benadryl and made a paste with baking soda and water. He seemed OK, just a little tired.


When he woke up this morning it was clear that not everything was ok. His right eye was almost completely swollen shut. He is in good spirits, but in his words, "my eye is really struggling." It really does look pretty terrible, but I'm glad that it doesn't seem to be causing him any pain.

It's really been quite the week for our family. Brian's grandma's health has really deteriorated over the past week and my grandma has been in and out of the hospital. It seems like we've had a big cloud over our family this week. I guess at times when it seems like that it's important to be mindful of all of the blessings that we do have. I'm certainly grateful that I have a family that I love and care about and who love me too. And I'm thankful for Brian. He is such a good, loving and supportive husband and I get so much strength from him.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ouch! I am so sad about Ethan's bee sting. I have to admit that it made me chuckle a little bit to think of him saying, "my eye is really struggling." I am so sorry to hear about Brian's grandma. I hope she starts doing better. (Along with Melba!) Hope you're having fun in DW!