Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Chicken Noodle Soup


 It's January, so it's prime soup season. Every time I make a Chicken Noodle Soup I want to try a new recipe. I like creamy versions, but chicken noodle is just not my favorite. I think that's why I'm always searching for a new recipe. For years I've used the recipe in The Lion House Cookbook and it is pretty good, but I still search for the perfect recipe (that probably doesn't exist). 

What soups do I prefer? I love a good clam chowder or tomato. Tomato and grilled cheese is always a winning combo. I love the Mushroom Bisque soup from Zuppa's and should find a good copycat and see how that is. I also love a potato bacon or a cauliflower cheese. 

My Grandma Melba had a great Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, and she usually made the thick noodles for that herself. I did really like that version of the soup, especially served over mashed potatoes (a trick I learned from my Rick's College roommates who were all from Idaho Falls). Mostly I think I miss my grandma's delicious cooking and the love she put into every bite of food she made for us. I hope that one day my kids will recognize all the love I put into their food too.