Monday, April 18, 2011

The Opportunity That Passed Me By

A few weeks ago I was up in my room when the phone rang.  I turned around to see who was calling and noticed that it was an out of area number so I decided not to answer.  However, it only rang once so I turned around to look at the phone again and noticed the phone now said "Line in Use."  Oh-oh.  That meant one of the kids had the phone and I knew it wasn't Ethan since he was in the shower.

I picked up the phone and I heard Tanner say "She can't.  She has too many kids."  The man on the other end said thank you and hung up.  I called to Tanner to ask him what the phone call was about.  What exactly do I have too many kids to do?

Me:  Tanner, who was on the phone?
Tanner:  It was the Olympics.
Me:  What did they want?
Tanner:  They wanted you to join the Olympics, but I told them you couldn't.

At this point I started laughing hysterically.  I found it very amusing that Tanner thought the Olympics were calling to have me join a team.  I wonder what sport he thought they wanted me for?  I've always been pretty pathetic at diving and since my feet always hurt it probably wasn't for the marathon.  Since I can't even do a somersault the gymnastics team is unlikely.  Perhaps boxing or weightlifting?   I guess I'll never know since Tanner thinks I have too many kids to participate.

Or maybe it was the Special Olympics calling for a donation.
Buddies & Brothers
Tanner can be a pretty funny boy, but he can also be a sweetheart.  One night I was more than ready for the kids to go to bed and Bradon was not happy about bedtime.  Finally, I took the baby into my room and shut the door.  About a minute later Bradon came knocking and I told him to go to bed.  Then Tanner came to the door and said that Bradon wanted to be tucked in.  I told Tanner that I had already tucked Bradon in and that they both needed to go to bed.  About 15 minutes later I left my room to check on everyone and found Bradon asleep on the top bunk alongside Tanner.  Tanner had taken pity on him and invited him into his bed for the night.  Very sweet.

I did find Bradon on the floor of Ethan and Tanner's room in the middle of the night.  I'm not sure if he climbed out or fell out, but he was okay.  I suspect he fell out since he still hasn't figured out how to get off the bunkbed once he gets up there.  Luckily he was alright.

2 comments:

Dasha said...

That is sooo sweet. I remember Lyena used to get in bed with Spencer. Now I think he would push her out. I cannot believe all the snow ya'll have gotten....in April! We're a little jealous though. We got hardly anything this year. Those games are hilarious. I need to remember those.

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

I can't stop laughing . . .you could have been a gold medalist Cynth!!!!!