Yesterday Ethan had a play date with another boy in our ward. It was almost time for him to come home when his friend's mom called and asked if he could stay another hour. When Ethan finally came home he said, "That was awesome!" I guess he really is growing up and finding lots of friends and interests beyond the walls of our home. I'm glad about this, but also sad in a way. It's hard to see him leave his early childhood behind.
Tanner is busy trying to be as big as Ethan. He loves everything that Ethan loves. His favorite game these days in Uno. Chris and Susie taught him how to play up at the cabin, and he actually grasps the concept pretty well for a 3 year old. He keeps all of his cards face up right in front of him, but other than that he manages well on his own.
Tanner is a smart little fella. Sometimes you don't know whether he's listening or not, but apparently he is. A lady in the Primary presidency of our ward told us that on Sunday they asked the kids what the Priesthood was. She said the older kids didn't answer, but Tanner raised his hand and said it was "the power of God." She was impressed, and so was I. I guess those family home evenings are paying off. A few weeks ago he was in charge of the lesson and he taught us about Adam and Eve. He did a really good job, but his lesson wasn't too long. When he was done he said, "Well, that wasn't very long."
Monday, February 16, 2009
Getting So Big!
I don't know how it's happened, but suddenly my boys seem to be getting so big and so grown up. Check out these fun pictures of Bradon. This boy has a lot of hair! He probably needs a haircut, but I don't know how to go about that. He certainly wouldn't sit still for one.
In anticipation of Bradon needing to graduate to a convertible car seat we bought Tanner a booster seat. He can't wait to get into it! I'm excited for the change too since they're so much easier to use than regular car seats.
Ethan is enjoying more complicated stories these days and we've started to read some chapter books with him.
Bradon is busy these days trying to learn how to get around. He can get into a position where he looks like he's going to take off crawling, but he usually just ends up flopping onto his belly. He's getting pretty good at moving around, and we've had some discussions about what toys we can't leave around. Bradon likes his toys, but he's way more interested in what his older brothers are playing with.
Bradon got his first tooth on Christmas Day and the second one came in on New Years Eve. He continues to be a super sweet baby. This past week I started giving him high fives and he thinks that's just hilarious. If he's in the right mood he'll even put his hand up for me to slap. He hates to be alone, and prefers to be in the same room as Ethan and Tanner.

Ethan has grown a ton over the past few months! Last week we watched Allan & Kami's wedding video from last May and I couldn't believe how young he looked. He has outgrown all of his size 5 pants. I bought him some size 6, but he's even pushing the limit on some of those. He's not a skinny little thing anymore. I think it must be his diet of pasta and chocolate chip cookies. If you let him he could easily polish off a dozen cookies in one sitting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your boys are so dang cute!! and they are getting so big especially bradon. I feel like i haven't seen them forever!
I love the update and all the pictures.
Doesn't seem like time somehow speeds up the more children you have? Crazy. Bradon is A-dorable! So are the other boys. Miss you all.
That is the sweetest post ever. I can't believe how big that Bradon is getting. They are all little clones of their daddy if you ask me.
Awe, I have 3 darn cute nephews!
Post a Comment