Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

Valentine's Day was a lot of fun around our house. My boys have wonderful grandparents who are always looking out for them (and Brian and I too). A couple of weeks ago Brian's parents brought us dinner when I wasn't feeling very good, and they brought sugar cookies for the boys to decorate. They just loved that.




Even Bradon decided that he loved the sugar cookies. He wanted more! We have a fun video of him trying to eat the cookie.
On Valentines Day we surprised the boys with basketballs for each of them. Now we have lots of dribbling and shooting going on around the house. So far nothing is broken.


Later in the day my parents stopped by with Valentines cookies and treats for my boys. More sugar cookies! They were so happy! We're grateful for the awesome grandparents that our boys have.

For Valentines Day Brian surprised me with a special date night. It was wonderful! Brian's mom and his brother, Sam, came to our house to watch the boys so that we could be out late. Thank you! Thank you! We started the evening with dinner at Settebello. I had wanted to try this pizza place for a long time, and we finally got around to it! The place was packed and evidently they take reservations, so a lot of people got in ahead of us. We had to wait about 50 minutes, and while we waited we just had to sample the gelato they had there. I tried a cup with Nutella and Coconut Almond, and Brian tried Pineapple & Cantaloupe. Yummy. Ethan was impressed when he heard we went to dinner at a place where we had dessert first. The pizzas at Settebello are really yummy and I had one with artichokes which was really good.

After dinner we walked to Abravenel Hall for a concert with the Utah Symphony and the King's Singers. It was fabulous! I always forget how much I like attending concerts until I get to go to one. I loved listening to the orchestra and trying to pick out the different instruments. The King's Singers were really great. They sang love songs from the movies, ballads, folk songs, and ended the night with tunes from the Beatles. We enjoyed ourselves so much. The best part was sitting next to the person I love more than anyone else in the world. For a few hours I forgot all about being a mom and I was transported back a few years to when it was just Brian and me. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom, but I love being a wife too and it was nice to have some one on one time with Brian. Thanks Bri for a wonderful Valentines Day! I love you!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad to see some pictures of the Hepworth boys. They are growing so fast! Brooklyn can't wait to visit and teach Ethan some B-ball skills. She's excited that they share a love for the same sport.

The Opdahl's said...

NUTELLA AND COCONUT ALMOND, ...WHAT?
Mmmmm! Now that's my kind of treat! Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting!! We sure miss you guys!!