Monday, February 16, 2009

Family Party at Backyard Adventures

On the 3rd of January we had a fun family party at Backyard Adventures in Draper. Sadly, I have no exhausted my certificates for free parties from this place so I don't know when our next party will be. I guess my best hope is to become a finalist (for the 3rd year in a row) for the backyard makeover from FM100, but somehow I feel like I'm pushing my luck.

This time we decided to have a family only party since Jeff & Rachel were visiting from Denver and Austin & FayLyn were visiting from Michigan. We ended up missing only Danny and Sarah so we had a really good crowd.

Of course, Ethan loves this place. Here he is posing in front of the obstacle course. Cousin Riser loves the slides just as much. He has no fear and never wants to leave!
I think everyone tried to coax Anna on to a slide, but she held firm. She just wasn't interested.

The highlight of the day for me came when my mom challenged Ethan to a race through the obstacle course. Personally I'm just relieved that we got her out of there. Here she is when she finally made it to the top of the slide.


Ethan won the race, but not by as much as you might think. That obstacle course is a good workout!

We had a pizza party with drinks, fruit, chips and dessert.


Here's Grace looking out from the bounce house.
And here she is on the move. She couldn't understand why we could play here, but not on all of the fun looking playground equipment in the other room.

Tanner, Michael, and Hailey enjoy a little time bouncing around.
Tanner found a comfy perch on the T-Rex foot.


The babies didn't get much playtime, but they did get attention from Grandma and Grandpa.



Here's a cute little picture of Anna. This was taken the day before she got so sick and ended up at Primary Children's for nearly a week.

Riser just rockets down the big slides.

And here comes his dad, Karl.
Jenny, Karl & Riser
Pretty soon Bri's family had invented a way to give people a little launch inside the bounce house. I couldn't get any good pictures, but it looked like people were getting some pretty good air.




Thanks to all of our family who was able to come. We had a great time with all of you!

2 comments:

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Very very fun looking!

Becky said...

Cythia I loved getting the update on your family...those boys of yours look like so much fun!