Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas Eve

Our boys were ecstatic by the time Christmas Eve came around. It was difficult to suppress their excitement, and I'm always just as excited as they are. When Brian came home from work we had the boys exchange presents with each other. Bradon liked his wrapping paper. I let Ethan chose a toy that he wanted to give Bradon and he chose a Put & Peek Birdhouse that is really cute. Bradon likes it, but I'm sure he'll appreciate it more as he gets older and grasps the concept a little better.
Tanner knew that Ethan wanted the game Don't Wake Hulk and so that was what he got. He was very happy!
Since Bradon had Tanner's name I chose something for him. He got the game Up the Water Spout. He seemed pleased with the choice and he's liked playing it.
In the evening it was time to head to my parent's house for our Christmas Eve gathering. Sadly I left my camera at home so I'll have to get some pictures from my dad sometime. We had a lot of fun gathering in the new great room and exchanging presents. Clancey & Matt found the boys some BYU hats which they loved, and Chris & Susie gave them BYU shirts and hats and a highlight video of the 2007 football season. Ethan loves the dvd and watches and re-watches all of the games. It's hilarious! My kids are lucky to have such great aunts and uncles on both sides of the family.
From Grandma and Grandpa the boys got some remote control bumper cars and a space rocket, as well as Power Ranger pajamas. They love those Power Rangers! I'll use this point to segway into a funny story. On Power Rangers Jungle Fury the Rangers call upon the spirit of different animals in their battles with the villains. Well, the boys will repeat this as they play Power Rangers, only sometimes they call upon interesting animals. One of Tanner's favorites is the "Spirit of the Penguin, and "The Spirit of the Hedgehog." That one always cracks me up because we all know how vicious those penguins can be.
After the festivities ended at my parent's house we went home and set out cookies and milk for Santa and oatmeal for the reindeer. The boys wanted to stay up and watch for Santa, but they did finally manage to nod off.
UPDATE: I stand corrected. Karl (who is secretly a big Power Rangers fan) has disclosed that there really is a Spirit of the Penguin. This from Wikipedia: "Master Guin: A Pai Zhua master who possesses the spirit of the Penguin, able to assume a stronger anthropomorphic penguin form. She died in the Great Battle and currently resides in the Spirit World. Upon arrival in the Spirit World, Lily was no match for her in combat. When it came to the first test, Master Guin sends Lily into a dimension to face her fear of spiders, which she passes. Lily learns how to channel Master Guin's Penguin spirit. She returns to help the Rangers during the Final Beast War when Dai Shi opens the gate to the spirit world to resurrect his beasts. She is portrayed by Michelle Langstone. "
Now the only mystery is where the Spirit of the Hedgehog came from. I couldn't find any information on this, but perhaps someone out there knows. Are there any Power Ranger fans out there who want to solve this little mystery?

No comments: