I've said it before and I'll say it again. I would much rather be sick myself than have one of my kids be sick. Last week Tanner developed an ear infection and then on Monday he started to get worse instead of better. By the end of the day I was recognizing the sound of a croupy cough. He had this last October and so we are sadly familiar with it. Brian and I haven't slept very much through all of this, and last night was really miserable. You can tell that it hurts when he coughs and he is having a hard time sleeping. Since Tanner is usually so outspoken and loud when he talks it seems strange to have his voice reduced to a whisper, and it's heartbreaking to see him without his usual endless supply of energy. We're hoping that he'll be better in time to go to the cabin this weekend because that is something he really looks forward to! Tanner has been a little trooper through it all. We sure do love him.
Meanwhile, I'm down to about 5 and a half weeks until the new baby comes. Hopefully we'll have everyone happy and healthy by then. And hopefully I'll be prepared and have all the last minute things that I need to do all done. I'm looking forward to meeting my third little boy and it will be exciting to see what he looks like. And of course Brian and I should probably really start thinking about a name, but I guess we can always bring the name book to the hospital and go from there. I'm just not the kind of person who can name my babies before I've seen them. I keep thinking that I'll be glad to get the baby here because my energy level is so low right now, but I'm remembering all those middle of the night feedings. Yikes! When Ethan was born the adjustment was so hard and I really struggled with motherhood for the first month or so. When Tanner came I realized that having a newborn is a breeze compared to having a toddler. It will be interesting to see how I feel about having baby number three. I'm counting on Ethan and Tanner to entertain each other a little bit, and I'm hoping that will happen. We'll soon find out!
1 comment:
I'm betting that it just gets easier with each kid. Your boys are so good and I'm sure they'll be a big help. Can't wait to meet baby boy Hepworth!
Post a Comment