Monday, May 12, 2008

Minivan Mom

Well, I am now an official minivan mom. Hooray! We needed a bigger car since the Corolla can't fit three car seats across. We've been looking online for awhile and we finally found a 2003 Pontiac Montana with only 52,000 miles. Plus it had a transferable warranty good until May 2010 or 86,000 miles. It's in really good shape too! I'm very excited to have a bigger vehicle, although I won't be as happy to fill it up at the gas station right now. We actually bought the van from a guy who lives in Ethan's preschool teacher's ward, so it's a small world.

I had originally been looking at SUVs or minivans and I thought that maybe I wanted a Buick Rendezvous since we had rented one on vacation once and I really liked it. However, they were all priced about $3000 higher than the van, and I ultimately couldn't justify spending so much more money. Besides, I figure that we're always asking Heavenly Father to help us out financially and we can't really expect him to if we make unwise financial decisions. So the cheaper minivan it is!

Now we just have to sell the Corolla. And we did lower the price a bit (down from $100,000) so maybe we'll start getting some phone calls!

1 comment:

**the muirs** said...

Congrats Cynthia! How exciting for you! Now you'll have plenty of room for your 3 little guys!