Saturday, July 6, 2013

March 2013

In March I needed to replenish my stock of milk for lunches and so we packed the kids up and took a road trip to Logan to visit the cheese factory. The kids were not excited about the driving, but they loved the samples at the cheese factory. I think Tanner ate all their bacon cheddar dip single-handedly. We also bought the kids ice cream cones. It was a chilly day, and there's nothing like ice cold ice cream on an ice cold day. :)


The boys enjoyed sampling the milks upon our return home that evening.
I had to take the little boys to the dentist, but they love playing around in the "fort" at the dentist's office. Why didn't they have such a thing when I was a kid?
Ethan and Brian built a Leprechaun trap for a school project in 3rd grade. The trap had to make use of a simple machine and I thought Ethan's trap turned out great. When the leprechaun steps on the sparkly green top of the ice cream bucket the lid flips up and traps him in the bucket. I will not tell you how many leprechauns he caught with this contraption.
Ethan and his friend J, let Tanner and I tag along with them to a book signing for the release of Brandon Mull's new book of The Beyonders series. There were several other authors there as well that we got to meet. We never did meet Brandon Mull because the line was so long we would have been there until 1 a.m. I am not kidding. It's like he's a rock star or something.
We did get to meet the Blind King (aka Brandon Mull's dad in costume). This is great stuff for book lovers like us.
Easter in March meant an Easter egg hunt at Grandma's house!
It was too cold to do it outside, so we did it inside instead.
We colored Easter eggs at our house. The kids loved it as much as ever.

I wish I could get all the kids to wear only their underwear, but Anders is the only child I still have any sway over. :) The rest prefer to be fully clothed.



It warmed up just enough for us to hold our Easter egg hunt outside.

There's nothing quite so great as finding candy in the grass. It doesn't usually happen, but one day a year it's so much fun.

Tanner found his present in the tree.
Tanner got a fighter jet shirt.
Ethan loved his new Nike gear.
Anders loves his super-hero friends, so he got a new Avengers shirt.
And Bradon got a Jake and the Neverland Pirates and a Mickey Mouse shirt. All the shirts reflect their current interests and I think it shows the different ages and maturity levels of our kids. It's so good/sad that they're all growing up so quickly.
Happy Easter!

No comments: