April begins at our house with Brian's birthday. That's way more important than April Fool's Day!
Bradon started reading murder mysteries! Now here's the real story. . .
We have five library cards in our family and usually all five cards have the maximum of ten items on hold. I put a little bit of everything on those cards, and usually don't pay much attention to what items go on who's card. I put this murder mystery on Bradon's card. When we went to pick up our holds Bradon was delighted to see that this book was in his name. He carried it around proudly and started to read it as soon as he got home. He would give me updates like, "Mom, I'm on chapter 5!" He really did spend some time flipping through the pages until he brought the book to me and announced that he had finished it and it was really good.
At his preschool they have show and tell every Wednesday. Since we always have library day on Tuesday he decided that he would bring his new library book to school on Wednesday. No amount of persuasion could convince him otherwise. Finally, I agreed that he could bring the book to school, but I wrote a note in the notebook that I use to communicate to his teacher's to tell them about why he was bringing an adult mystery novel to preschool. They reported that his show and tell made them smile.
For a few weeks following this incident Bradon would ask me whether I'd gotten around to reading "his" book yet. Sadly (or happily), I have a huge pile of reading material and I haven't gotten to that book yet. But it must be good because Bradon said so.
Since Bradon got his picture taken, Anders wanted his picture taken too.
While the kids were off-track in April we took the opportunity to go on a trip to the zoo. We liked their Lego animal exhibits.
I like this picture because you can see how shaggy Tanner's hair was getting. He was absolutely convinced that he did not want a haircut until it started to get in his eyes. Then he was practically begging for a haircut.
I think we must have a hundred pictures of the kids on the carousel. If I was talented I would make a time lapse movie of how much the kids have changed over the years using only carousel pictures.
I can't wait until the train comes back online next year and the African savannah exhibit opens. That will be awesome!
One night in April Brian and I had some errands to run close to home. Ethan and Tanner did not want to come. We decided that it would be okay if they stayed home as long as they didn't answer the phone or door while we were away. The two little guys had to come with us, but they were rewarded for their participation by getting ice cream cones at Macey's.
They were both shivering by the time we got to the frozen food section and refused to shop in those aisles. Ha!
When we got home, we found Ethan and Tanner sitting in the dark. They didn't dare turn on the lights while we were away and by the time we came home it was dusk. We told them that next time they could turn on the lights, but they both agreed that next time they would just come with us. Brian and I are both counting the days until we can leave all the boys home with Ethan. Only two more years or so!
No comments:
Post a Comment