He's a great dad and an excellent husband. I love him.
It turned out that the cake balls came back to haunt me later in the weekend when everyone but me got sick. Needless to say, I will not be making cake balls for a long time.
Anders discovered he loved the thrill of our backyard roller coaster. His big brothers were kind enough to take turns holding him an going down.
My three oldest boys got to decorate Easter eggs. They always have a good time doing this and I always have a good time cleaning up the mess. It seems that despite my best efforts some dye always ends up staining the kitchen table for a time.
They were all very proud of their creations!
For Brian's birthday we went downtown to check out the new City Creek Center and we used a birthday coupon to try out Texas de Brazil. It's a very upscale Brazilian churrascaria, and we thought the found was fantastic. The meats are good, but the "salad bar" was heavenly with lots of yummy choices. We can't afford it without a coupon, but it was nice to try.
Afterwards we had fun exploring City Creek and looking at shops that are a little too pricey for us, but Brian did buy me a new charm for my Pandora bracelet at the Pandora store.
We had an Easter egg hunt at my parent's house with the cousins. My parents have a great backyard. I love it.
Jenny & I purchased a Star Wars cake on clearance at Macey's and the boys loved it. It was - - cake.
At home the boys had another Easter egg hunt. They each got a small toy and some candy.
Anders liked finding candy on the toys in the family room.
I tried to get an Easter picture of all my boys, but it just didn't go well. I couldn't get them to look at the camera all at the same time and then Ethan's transition lenses started to change. Oh well. And notice the bright blue Croc like clogs I let Bradon wear to church. Does that make me a bad mom? If it does, oh well. Some things I just let slide these days.
I took the boys up to the zoo for a day. They rode the carousel and enjoyed a first taste of fine weather.
Anders was not too sure about the carousel and preferred to just sit in my lap and observe.
Anders discovered the courtesy cones at Artic Circle during one of our Thursday lunch/grocery shopping trips with my mom and sister.
He loves a good ice cream cone.
Anders also insisted on trying out the shower with his older brothers one night. I thought it was funny that they were all in there at one time, but it only happened this once.
Too bad. That would have made bath time super speedy.
Tanner continues to do well in Tae Kwon Do. He's now in the highest class of Little Dragons. He's has great form and enjoys class, but lately it's been hard to make him go.
We're going to re-evaluate his lessons at the end of our contract. I'm not going to force my kids to do anything that they don't love, but I'm also not going to let them quite something they've started and committed to do. When Ethan quit in December Tanner swore that he wanted to continue, but sometimes his heart's just not in it, and then the next week he's on fire. It's tough to figure out.
At the end of April we purchased a new minivan! The transmission on our 2003 Pontiac Montana was going out. It was scary to drive. The automatic windows were giving us fits, the heater in the back didn't work anymore, the horn kept going out even though Brian rewired it a few times, the CD player was on the blitz, etc., etc. Earlier this year I was in an accident after dropping my older boys off at school. I was headed through an intersection on a green light when a car coming the opposite direction ran a very red light and hit our van along the passenger side. Luckily my younger boys were seated on the driver's side and no one was hurt, but our van needed about $3500 worth of repairs (luckily covered by her insurance). It was fixed, but never quite the same. After the accident whenever I was on a road that curved to the right it would make a grinding noise. All in all it was time to look for a new van.
We bought a Toyota Sienna! We love the eight passenger option, which we use occasionally, but most of the time we just pop the eighth seat out and enjoy the seven passenger configuration. It's worked out pretty well. The kids love the automatic doors. I love the smooth, worry free drive and the bluetooth hands free phone option. I also love all the room in the back. It makes it a breeze to pack up for the cabin.
After we purchased the van we took the kids to Krispy Kreme for their first visit. They were very big fans.
Wow! Look at all those donuts!
We all enjoyed this little treat after the tough negotiations and waiting at the dealership.
And I loved driving home in a new van!
No comments:
Post a Comment