Sunday, August 19, 2012

March 2012

At the end of February Tanner had a little fun and went to an oral surgeon to have a supernumerary tooth removed. He had an extra tooth up above his two front teeth. Brian took him to the surgeon while I stayed home with the other kiddos. He did fine until they gave him a shot to make him go to sleep. He went to sleep crying and woke up mad. It was "Take Care of Tanner Day" so we watched what he wanted on television and he got to play a lot of iPad. He survived and was very brave. I'm sure it was painful and the stitches looked annoying. We're so glad this is behind us.
The Heroscape games continued! This time Grandpa Larry joined in and he was not terribly impressed. The board they built was so huge it took a long time just for the characters to meet in battle.

We went to Planet Play one evening with the kids. Bradon requests this activity all the time, but we can only afford to go a couple of times a year. He and Anders were both fascinated with mini-bowling this time.

Anders tried out the carousel and thought it was just okay.
Bradon liked it much better.

I tackled a home improvement project! Hooray for me! I don't like the oak cabinets in the house so I decided to experiment with Rustoleum's Cabinet Transformations kit.

First you clean and deglaze the cabinets. Then you give them a couple of coats of paint, apply a decorative glaze if you wish (I didn't wish), and then put on a sealing coat. It took me a few nights of work mainly because you need to let things dry.


I think it turned out quite nicely and I'm pleased with the results. It doesn't look quite so dated now. We also replaced all the oak toilet lids in the house with a regular white lid. Such an improvement. I'd like to do the boys' bathroom upstairs next and also a bookcase that Brian's grandpa made. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

3 comments:

Allan and Kami said...

That looks fantastic! So glad you guys are doing so well!

Dasha said...

It's like a whole new bathroom. Great job!

Jenny said...

Wow, Cynthia! That looks great. Getting rid of the oak makes such a difference! And you can totally see the detail in your cabinets now. I am getting caught up on your blog and it looks like you guys have been doing all sorts of fun things. Love you!