One thing that we've found that they LOVE to do is act things out, so we do that a lot. On Monday night we had a lesson on having a good attitude (mostly for my benefit). Sometimes it's hard for them to have Brian gone so many nights doing church work and we don't want them to end up resenting the church for this. So anywho one of the little sketches that we acted out was that we had been planning on going miniature golfing as a family when the phone rings and it's the bishop telling Brian that he's needed at a meeting. I wanted the boys to act out a good reaction to this like "It's okay we can go another night" or something along those lines. Well, Ethan came up with something even better. His reaction? "Let's just go without Dad!" Hmmm. Not quite what I was looking for . . we'll have to work on that one.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Family Night Fondue
Right now Family Home Evening is a hit at our house. I hope our boys will always look forward to it, but I know their attitude might change at some point. We try to get our boys involved so we rotate everything, including the lessons. Ethan has given us lessons on fire safety and stranger danger, and Tanner usually teaches us something that he has learned in Primary. They do a really nice job considering how young they are.
One thing that we've found that they LOVE to do is act things out, so we do that a lot. On Monday night we had a lesson on having a good attitude (mostly for my benefit). Sometimes it's hard for them to have Brian gone so many nights doing church work and we don't want them to end up resenting the church for this. So anywho one of the little sketches that we acted out was that we had been planning on going miniature golfing as a family when the phone rings and it's the bishop telling Brian that he's needed at a meeting. I wanted the boys to act out a good reaction to this like "It's okay we can go another night" or something along those lines. Well, Ethan came up with something even better. His reaction? "Let's just go without Dad!" Hmmm. Not quite what I was looking for . . we'll have to work on that one.
Back in March for our treat after family night we had a fondue dessert night. We had lots of fruit and some brownies to dip in the chocolate and the boys just loved it (and Brian and I did too). This treat was a hit and we'll have to do it a couple of times a year because it was so much fun.
One thing that we've found that they LOVE to do is act things out, so we do that a lot. On Monday night we had a lesson on having a good attitude (mostly for my benefit). Sometimes it's hard for them to have Brian gone so many nights doing church work and we don't want them to end up resenting the church for this. So anywho one of the little sketches that we acted out was that we had been planning on going miniature golfing as a family when the phone rings and it's the bishop telling Brian that he's needed at a meeting. I wanted the boys to act out a good reaction to this like "It's okay we can go another night" or something along those lines. Well, Ethan came up with something even better. His reaction? "Let's just go without Dad!" Hmmm. Not quite what I was looking for . . we'll have to work on that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Anna loves FHE as well. Its so fun to see these little ones just soak up the gospel. I think I also need a lesson on having a good attitude and Jeff's only gone once a week for mutual.
Can't wait to see you in just a couple of weeks!
That's hillarious. I'm dying laughing at Ethan's logic. Rob's gone a couple nights a week teaching a class so I can fully relate. Kids!
Post a Comment