Monday, April 27, 2009

A Bradon Briefing

Bradon is 10 months and counting and I have failed to write about him recently. I took him for his 9 month checkup last week (yes, I'm a bit behind) and we found out that he's in the 34th percentile for weight and the 90th for height, so he's growing well. He weighs just over 20 pounds, but somehow it seems like so much more. His visit to the pediatrician was interesting to me because it was the first time I have been forgotten by a doctor. Our appointment was at 11:00 and at 12:10 I finally went out of the room to see what was going on. It turned out that our doctor had mixed up his patient order and Bradon and I were about out of patience.

Bradon is a happy baby. He is very mild mannered and easy going. He's starting to develop a little stranger anxiety, but he loves being loved and will usually warm up to most people. He crawls like crazy these days and is busy trying to keep up with his two older brothers. He loves going downstairs and gets really hyper when I start walking down the stairs with him. I think that's because he loves to climb back up the stairs and because he loves playing on the child size couch we have in the basement. He uses it to climb up onto the fireplace and he likes to dive off of it as well. Funny kid. He tried some Danish food last night and I'm proud to say that he likes frikadeller and didn't even grimace when I gave him some red cabbage. Bradon also loves to be outside. He loves the slides and the swings at the park. One thing he doesn't like is his car seat. He really arches his back to avoid being strapped down in that thing.

Here are a few pictures of our sweet little boy.Bradon loved going outside and playing for the first time in March.I reluctantly gave him a haircut in March. It scared me to death and if you looked close you could see it was a bad cut, but it doesn't look too bad in the following picture. He's ready for another haircut now.We went to the Aquarium with Bri's family (thanks Patra) and I love his happy looks in these two pictures.Here is Bradon and his cousin Kayson. They were both happy boys for me on this walk that we took. Hopefully they'll grow up to be friends, but right now they just kind of torment each other.
I can't believe that soon my baby will be a year old. Time flies when you're having so much fun!

3 comments:

jen&boys said...

Awe, I love that kid! He has the best little smile. What a cutie!

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Love the pics of the boys in the double stroller. What a cute little man.

Brett and Becca Muir said...

He is getting so big! He is such a sweet boy and has the best smile.