The other day Ethan told me that he didn't want to get baptized. When I asked him why he said that he didn't want to have to put his head under the water. I told him that he'd be older when he is baptized and that Dad would baptize him and take extra care to make sure that nothing happened to him.
I thought that knowing that Dad would be with him would be a great comfort to him, but he just looked at me and said "I was really hoping that Jesus was going to do it."
Brian is a fabulous dad, but just isn't on the same level with Jesus.
4 comments:
That is so great! I couldn't stop laughing. I guess it is good that he figured this out now... gives him a few years to get used to the idea of Brian baptizing him. What a cute boy!
Greg and I got quite a good chuckle from this. Oh little Ethans innocence! He's so sweet!
I love it. I wish Jesus could babtize me too! I'd just love to break some bread with him.
Wow! It's hard to think of Brian as such a disappointment, but I guess when your up against Jesus. . .Good thing Ethan's got a few years to get used to his dad dunking him under a pool of water. Good Luck Ethan!
Post a Comment