Thanks to my cousin, Brandon, we got a great deal on some paint (FREE!), and I think it turned out really, really nice. Thanks a million Brandon! I wish I had before pictures, but anyone who has been in my house knows that the entire thing is covered in wallpaper and this room was no exception. It had a lovely little floral border that is now only a bad memory. The boys are so pleased with their new room and Tanner has been really great about staying in his new big boy bed all night and during naptime. He's only gotten out a handful of times and has only fallen out once. It's hard for the little ones to get used to the toddler bed after being safely secured in a crib, so I've been impressed with the way he's taken to this transition. On Saturday we toured some model homes and one of them had four bedrooms upstairs. I commented to Ethan that if we bought a house like that he and Tanner could have their own rooms. He looked at me sadly and said "But Mom, I like to share my room with Tanner." I was happy to hear that and since I think it's good for them to share I think it will be a long term arrangement even if sometime we do come into more money and move into a four bedroom home. I'm glad they enjoy each other's company.
Next up. . . the living room and bathroom where we'll encounter more wallpaper removal than we ever have before. We're so excited we can hardly wait to get to it (which is why we've already put it off for a few weeks).
And a special thanks to my mom and dad and Karl and Jenny for their help with painting. We have a great family!
1 comment:
Your room looks great! Maybe I can enlist your help to repaint my house--living with a painter sure isn't panning out like I thought it would.
Post a Comment