Monday, October 29, 2007

Pretty Lady

President Spencer W. Kimball taught: "Two individuals approaching the marriage altar must realize that to attain the happy marriage which they hope for they must know that marriage . . . means sacrifice, sharing, and even a reduction of some personal liberties. It means long, hard economizing. It means children who bring with them financial burdens, service burdens, care and worry burdens; but also it means the deepest and sweetest emotions of all."
I am truly grateful for my marriage to Brian. He is a great husband and father and although marriage has meant sacrifice, sharing economizing and so forth I agree that it has also brought the deepest and sweetest emotions of all.
I had a confirmation of that yesterday morning as I was getting ready for church in the bathroom. Ethan walked by the door and said "Hi pretty lady!" I was really touched by that. It is always nice to be told that you're pretty, but I was mainly touched because I know he said it because he has heard Brian call me that many times. I felt grateful to have such a wonderful husband who is teaching his boys to love and respect their mom. I am lucky to have Brian and my two wonderful boys. My marriage to Brian really has brought "the deepest and sweetest emotions of all."

No comments: