In June we took a weekend trip up to the cabin. We started the trip with dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Midway with my mom and dad. My dad took the boys to the bar after dinner to pay for their ice cream treats. It's pretty funny to find your little boys in a bar.
Anders was experimenting with his mad walking skills on the sidewalk. He's a pro.
Anders discovered the wonder of wearing a hat and for several days he would take great delight in putting the hat on and off.
We took a day trip up to Ogden to Hill Air Force Base. My older boys, especially Ethan, loved the place. Ethan has become interested in World War II aircraft, so it was the perfect outing for him.
I think we'll send Ethan and Tanner up on the next rip with Grandpa Larry, who also loves aircraft, for a more extensive visit. Anders and Bradon were bored fairly quickly.
One of the best toys in the world - MagnaTiles. Expensive, but so worth it. The boys love creating buildings, car ramps, etc with the different shapes.
Brian is a great, involved dad who regularly plays with his boys.
Bradon had his 4th birthday in June. He was so, so excited and requested a Cars II cake.
He got a Kinect game with all his favorite Pixar characters. This boy loves his game time.
Grandma & Grandpa H gave him a mini-golf playset. He also loves, loves, loves mini-golf.
He got a Toy Story 3 playset from Grandpa Larry & Grandma Marlene.
And a water table from Brian and I. He and Anders really enjoyed the table this summer.
It was really fun to see how delighted he was with this birthday. However, the next day he was already asking when he would turn 5. I guess birthdays are pretty wonderful.
Tanner finished up his year of kindergarten. He was a model student and never had to pull a card (for discipline) all year. I was so proud of him. They had an end of year kindergarten program and since Tanner couldn't see me he didn't think I was there. As the program went on his smile grew dimmer, until I walked up after the program and her realized that I was there. I didn't fail him.
He was blessed with an awesome kindergarten teacher. I wish all my kids could have a teacher like Miss S. She was cute with the kids, but expected a lot from them as well. Loved her.
Ethan also got an early jump on his birthday since Grandpa and Grandma H were heading out of town for the 4th of July holiday. They stopped by to bring Ethan his gift.
Ethan was thrilled to receive a book with fabulous illustrations of aircraft and it had World War II glider planes packaged in there as well. Perfect for my book loving, airplane fanatic.
And at the end of the month we hit the Hogle Zoo another time, this time with my mom and dad. We couldn't pass up the obligatory train ride.
Tanner was dying to get his face painted and he chose a bat. By the end of the night he was a blue mess.
Bradon and Anders discovered the misters and found a new, cool place to play.
I love this picture of big brother with little brother.
The grizzly bears were out and playing in the water. They were so much fun to watch.
And the boys played on the log and eagle's nest.
The new exhibits really add a lot to the zoo.
Summer was off to a great start!
No comments:
Post a Comment