Saturday, March 3, 2012

7 December

Another Disney morning and we headed back to the Magic Kingdom.  We caught the bus from our hotel.  The boys always like riding the bus.  I don't love it, but it's better than parking far away and then having to catch the monorail or boat to the front gates.

Anders always liked holding onto the handrail while he was on the bus.  We were always quite the spectacle with our four boys and two strollers.

It was a little cool in the morning, but so beautiful.  I'll take this weather in December any day.  I loved all the beautiful flowers on the grounds.
The boys always liked to use their own Key to the World cards to get into the park.  Bradon was especially adamant about it and always reluctant to relinquish it after we'd passed through the gates.



After a stop for some pictures on Main Street we headed towards the castle and our early morning breakfast reservation at the Crystal Palace.

We spotted Mickey Mouse filming a commercial in front of the castle.  He waved and blew some kisses to Tanner and Bradon.

After a bit of a wait it was time for breakfast.  This is a breakfast buffet with Winnie the Pooh characters.  Ethan was still a good sport about getting his picture with the characters.  Bradon was shy at first and hid under the table.
But Winnie the Pooh did find Anders!
Susie coaxed Bradon up to meet Winnie.

By the time Eeyore came around Bradon had warmed up to the characters.
I love walking down a nearly empty Main Street for this breakfast, but it's not my favorite restaurant overall and we'll probably skip it next time.
After breakfast we made a beeline for Fantasyland and Peter Pan and Dumbo.

It's so fun to move your own piece of plastic up and down through the air.
After Fantasyland it was time for the Tomorrowland Speedway.

Ethan was tall enough to drive his own car this year, but he didn't like it because he had difficulty reaching the pedal still.  He looked a little crazy out there bouncing erratically off the rails.
Bradon was just along for the ride.


After the Speedway Bradon was able to locate a cart where they were selling #1's.
Next we found this hilarious talking trash can.  It talked in Japanese to the Japanese ladies in the picture below and then came over to talk to my boys.  He told Bradon to get his fingers out of his mouth and carried on a hilarious conversation for several minutes.  I wish I had a recording of it, but I wasn't thinking quickly enough.
The boys just loved it and we watched the trash can for awhile as it talked to unsuspecting passerbys.  Look for this trash can in Tomorrowland if you go to the Magic Kingdom.  It's worth your time!
Bradon discovered that he LOVED Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.  He went on this ride repeatedly


My mom was a trooper all morning, but by evening she wasn't feeling so well.
We left her at the hotel and went to dinner at the 50's Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios.  When we'd visited this restaurant with Brian's brothers and sisters it was so much fun and the food was good too so we wanted to go back.

This time our server was kind of a dud.  He started out funny, but then I think he realized he got to go home soon and he just kind of gave up.  It was an okay experience but I was hoping for so much more.

Anders, however, loved the orange we'd brought for him to munch on while we waited for our food.

Bradon loved the brownie sundae that ended the meal.

After dinner we went to the back of Hollywood Studios to the Streets of America to view the Osborne Festival of Lights.  This was seriously amazing.  The street was busy, but there are lights everywhere, and every so often they dance to music.
Incredible!
The park was closing and at the last minute we jumped in the line for Toy Story Mania.  We waited for about 45 minutes, but I just love this ride.
Bradon thought Mr. Potato Head was pretty impressive.
What's not to love about this ride?



I wish the line for this ride wasn't always so long.  I think they could have two of these and still have long lines.  It was a fun way to end a nice day.

No comments: