Monday, August 29, 2011

Baptism Day!

Ethan's baptism was just a few days after his birthday on 9 July.  It had been fun to observe his enthusiasm about this very important life event.  He was practically bursting with excitement all week and he was all smiles the morning of his baptism.

Brian and Ethan went over to the church early to get their clothes for the baptism and then we all headed over to the church.  I forgot the diaper bag and had to run home to get it and came back just in time to snap a few pictures.

Brian and Ethan.  Oh how I love these two!
 Brian, Ethan and I.
 My very handsome and grown-up eight year old.
 Grandma Marlene and Grandpa Larry with Ethan.
 Grandma & Grandpa H with Ethan.
 Soon it was time for the meeting to begin.  It was really a lovely meeting with some beautiful talks about baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost talks and there was a wonderful spirit there.  The highlight was when the children being baptised that day went up to the stand to sing "I Like to Look for Rainbows," a song about baptism that they had been practicing.  Ethan was so proud to know all of the words and he sang confidently. 

There were six children from our ward being baptized that day.  Three of the girls are in my primary class and the other two are in Ethan's primary class.

They divided us into two groups of three families each and we were in the first group.  We were packed into the Relief Society room for the baptism and there were so many people it was hard to even see what was going on.  Brian did a great job with the baptism and Ethan's grandpas were the witnesses.

After the baptism we met in the Primary room for confirmations.  Brian and Ethan were the last parent/child to get ready, probably because the other two children in our group were girls and they had their moms to take care of them after the baptisms.  Brian had to get himself ready and help Ethan get dressed as well.  Brian did a lovely job with the confirmation and I was so proud of Ethan on this special day.

We left the church and came back to our house for a luncheon.  We were so happy that so many of our family members came to support Ethan.  We were only missing my brother Jeff and his family who are living in Kansas and Brian's brother Allan and his wife Kami who just moved to Arizona.  Patra and Rich moved to Kansas a few days later, but it was a blessing to have them there that day.

I'm grateful for the fine young man that Ethan is becoming.  He has such a great desire to do good and to choose the right.  He's a great example to his younger brothers and is almost always very kind and patient with them.  I love the talks that we have together and his desire for knowledge and wisdom.  Both Brian and I are so proud of him.  We love you Ethan!

1 comment:

Larry said...

I'm mighty proud of Ethan too. He is truly a kind, fun, and thoughtful young man. Love you Ethan. Grandpa Larry