I had a great Mother's Day last week, but I've been busy being a mom - and thus the delay in writing about it. Brian purchased a couple of hanging baskets for me as well as a cookbook I've been wanting. In addition he also spent a great deal of time last Saturday planting a lot of my flowers and vegetables for me.
My big laugh of the week came last week at Tanner's preschool's Mother's Day presentation. I had dropped him off in the morning for a field trip to the fire station and then we met up at a park near our house afterwards. There I was presented with a bookmark that he had made for me listing some of my favorite things according to him. My favorite color is blue (Ethan also thinks this. Can you tell they're BYU fans?). My favorite place to shop is Macey's (I attribute this to my weekly grocery trip there. It is my favorite grocery store). Favorite place to eat out: Chinese ( I do like Chinese and I thought this was rather insightful of him since most answers by the other kids included In-N-Out Burger and Chick-Fil-A). I love when my mom: plays with me because she is really nice (Aaahhh). For fun my mom: plays with me and my brothers.
So cute. His teacher had prepared a little sack with a snack for us to share at the park. He led me over to the picnic table, gave me a big hug and kiss and said "I just love you mom." My heart melted. I love him too.
The kids played at the park for a bit and then it was time to head home. As I reached to put his car seat back into the backseat I noticed quite the collection of wrappers and other assorted garbage. I told Tanner that he should really pick up after himself if he eats in the car. He countered "But sometimes my arms are full when I go inside the house." I pointed out that he could always come back out to the car and collect his garbage and throw it away. It was then that he looked me in the eye and said with total sincerity "Mother's Day at school is over Mom." Gulp.
I get the message. When you're a mom don't push your luck.
Apparently I still have a lot of work to do in the child-rearing department. Send you pointers my way.
Happy Mother's Day to my mom. I love her very much and I'm just beginning to understand the amount of work that she put into us children over the years. You did a great job Mom (if I do say so myself). And a Happy Mother's Day to Brian's mom too. I am lucky to have a mother-in-law that I love and I think she did a fabulous job of raising my wonderful husband. My boys are lucky to have two marvelous women for their grandmothers.
No comments:
Post a Comment