Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Halloween 2008

Yes, I know the rest of the world is blogging about Christmas, seeing as how it is only 9 days away, but I'm playing catch-up, trying to post about some memorable past events. I started Christmas shopping back in October and I think that distracted me from all other aspects of life. Oh, and having three kids to keep happy and entertained may have had something to do with it as well. But enough excuses. . . on with the blog!


We had a fun Halloween this year. Because of different obligations we ended up carving our pumpkins a few nights before Halloween and we kept them fresh by wrapping them in plastic wrap and sticking them in a cool place in the backyard. Ethan and Tanner liked dictating the design, but thought the overall process was a little disgusting. They were pleased with the results. Brian gets all the credit here.

The night before Halloween we had a Halloween party at my mom and dad's house, in their new addition! It's fun to have family gatherings now in their beautiful, spacious new room. We had a fabulous dinner, played games and did some Halloween dancing. My mom was even the one who inspired the boys to dance!


This year Ethan was a firefighter (though he wanted to be a Power Ranger), and Tanner was a dragon.



Jenny's boys were too cute dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2. I loved it so I had to get pictures, even though Kayson and Riser were not so thrilled with the blue hair. I guess they didn't realize how cute they looked!

Here's the boys in action. They like to move it, move it!


Bradon was a good spectator and looked adorable in his giraffe costume.


So Halloween arrived and the boys couldn't wait for dad to come home from work so they could go out trick-or-treating. We loaded Bradon up in the stroller, left Brian at home to pass out candy, and were on our way. Everyone thought Bradon looked so cute.




The boys went down one side of our street and then partway down another before it started to rain and they decided they were done. Ethan was mainly disappointed that he didn't get more chocolate.


Here they are running from house to house.


Ethan's costume was reflective and you can see from this shot that it put off a nice glow.


The boys ended their fun night with a visit to Grandma & Grandpa Hepworth's house and some trick-or-treating in their neighborhood. We love living so close to grandparents that they get to take part in all these fun events. While they were away I stayed home and gave out candy. We never have too many kids in our neighborhood, so we can be generous in what we give away. And don't worry about Ethan. He managed to take in enough chocolate!

3 comments:

Dasha said...

I love that giraffe costume. Thanks for the update. Next, Thanksgiving, right?!

**the muirs** said...

OH MY GOSH! Where did you find that giraffe costume? Its seriously the cutest thing! Your boys are adorable! We love them lots!

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Those are some cute little boys you have Cynthia. I just want to eat up that little Bradon.