Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Tanner - 28th September

On Sunday the 28th my little Tanner boy turned 3. I can't believe that he's such a big boy, and such a lucky boy to be able to celebrate his birthday at Walt Disney World. Since it was Sunday we went to church at a ward in Orlando that was right across the street from the Orlando Temple. It was neat to be able to see this beautiful temple. I was tempted to buy a home in the neighborhood.

After church we went back to our room for a Sunday nap and Tanner got to open a couple of little presents. He got a football from my mom and dad and some Disney buses and a Star Wars mini soccer ball from us. I had brought a banner from home to decorate the room a bit in his honor.
His gifts were elaborately wrapped in Disney plastic bags.
Now that we're home Ethan and Tanner like to play with the buses and pretend that they're picking up passengers at each of the parks, the airport, or at the cruise buses. I wish there were a bus here right now to pick me up for a cruise!



After naps I took the boys down to the playground for a bit and they enjoyed playing in the sand on the beach. It really was a very serene setting and such a nice Sunday afternoon.


I'm so glad that my boys are friends and enjoy playing together (most of the time).




They soon discovered the magic of throwing sand into the water. How exciting!



For dinner that night we went over to the Polynesian Resort to 'Ohanas. This is a family style restaurant with a great view of the castle. They have activities for the kids and my boys actually felt like participating this time.



Ethan really got into the Hawaiian spirit.


Tanner tried out the limbo line.


Ethan came a little late, but was still able to get in on the action.

They even brought out a cupcake for Tanner's birthday! I love his happy smile.




Ethan had a bowl of vanilla ice cream that he said made him really sweet, and his attitude was very pleasant for the rest of the night. I need to order some of that ice cream for home.

I think we all really enjoyed this restaurant and we would go back.
Happy Birthday to my sweet Tanner boy! I love your mile wide smiles and your ability to love without condition. You are quick to forgive and forget and you keep me laughing. Our family just wouldn't be complete without you.

No comments: