Monday, November 3, 2008

Epcot & Magic Kingdom - 27th September

Saturday morning brought another opportunity to visit Epcot. We were there well before opening and were the second family admitted to visit with Mickey and his friends. We were able to breeze through all of the characters without a wait. This was a dream come true for Tanner who adores the characters and he finally got to meet Mickey Mouse (those pictures will come later).


After meeting Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto we saw Belle. Tanner wanted nothing to do with her, but Bradon thought she was great and Ethan was willing to pose for a picture. My boys are not so into the whole princess thing.



We had a fun morning exploring The Land and the Imagination pavilion. The Imagination ride with Figment could use some work, but my boys enjoyed the interactive displays after the ride. Soon it was time for lunch and we headed over to Morocco in the World Showcase for some good food. This place was great because they offered shwarma for the adults and chicken nuggets for the kids. After lunch I took the kids to the KidCot station and was surprised to overhear a couple talking in Danish. I asked them in Danish if they were from Denmark and they were so surprised. I ended up having a really nice conversation with them and learned they were from outside of Aarhus, but were currently living near Tampa. They complimented me on my Danish (which was generous of them). I was just pleased that I can still converse in a language that I love, but seldom get to use.
After lunch we headed back to the hotel for a quick swim before dinner. We had reservations at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom. Ethan didn't feel very well to start the night and I felt so sorry for him. He rested in the stroller until I got him some pasta and then he seemed to perk up a little. He even decided to participate in the parade with the characters. We met Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet.


We had a fun evening in the Magic Kingdom and were able to see the Spectromagic Parade, ride on the Jungle Book and we saw the Wishes fireworks display. Tanner discovered the carousel and rode a couple of times, while Ethan tested his ability to remove the sword from the stone.



I wish I could spend every Saturday night this way!

No comments: