Wednesday, March 6, 2013

November 2012

While the boys were still off-track in November we took an outing to the new Scheel's store.
The kids did pretty well on the ferris wheel, but Tanner wouldn't go anywhere near the thing.
Everyone loved the all the balls and games. It's a boy's dream come true.
All those poor dead animals. . . Obviously I'm not a hunter.
The boys just loved the shooting range. It was pretty clever.
We liked all the different places where you could pose for pictures.
Tanner decided to show off his braver side.
Luckily Bradon has a few more years until he's old enough to drive.
But Ethan's not really that far away anymore. He'll be driving before I know it.
Watch out for that stinky skunk!
We also took another family trip to Planet Play. This time Anders really loved the bowling.
But his favorite activity by far was the mini carousel. He could have stayed on that thing forever.

We also drove downtown to City Creek one day. The boys had the cartoon area all to themselves. I like this picture of them. My mom and I got to have a little missionary moment when we stopped for a treat at Kneaders and got to talk about the church with a wonderful couple from Ottawa, Canada. I don't get those kinds of opportunities frequently enough. I think I need to get out of the house a little bit more.
Our big news from the month of November was Brian's contest winnings. He got a message on his cell phone one day from a dealership in Provo saying that he was a finalist in a contest. He called me and asked me (the Sweepstakes Queen) whether I had in fact entered him in the contest. Yes! Of course I had! He won two tickets to the last BYU home football game of the season. We already had four tickets to the game, but it was played really late at night and it also happened to be FREEZING the night of the game. Ethan decided he would rather watch the game from the comfort of Grandpa's house, so the night of the game Brian and Tanner dressed in multiple layers (thermals, snow pants, coats, gloves, hats and toe and hand warmers) and headed down to the game. There was so much snow in the stadium that crews didn't even clear it from the upper stands, so Brian and Tanner cleared some snow off the benches and watched the game.
Just before halftime they went down to the end zone and met the other competitors in the Ford contest. They were each given a key and were told that they could have a shot at seeing if their key would turn over the engine and start the car. At halftime they were led out onto the field, introduced, and then the contest began. The two people before Brian were disappointed when their key didn't work. When it was Brian's turn he got in the car and to his surprise the key actually worked. He said he couldn't believe it. He started honking the horn, but my friend who was at the game said the noise was completely swallowed up in the stadium. But he won! He won a two year lease of a Ford Fiesta, but since we don't need an extra tiny car, we took the cash option instead. He also won a prize pack with a mini BYU football helmet, movie tickets, Jazz tickets and more. They were both so thrilled and Tanner toughed it out through the whole entire game. Brrrr... I got a picture of them the next morning with their prize pack. I wish I could have been at the game to see them win.
Anders started refusing to nap on certain days in November. That meant he fell asleep all over the house at random times. Doesn't that look comfortable?
Some days he didn't even last until dinner. Poor guy. He really does need those naps.
Anders is really a much happier guy these days, but he can still put on a pretty good grumpy face. I love this picture of him with his favorite uncle, Mat. He really has this special connection with Mat that he doesn't seem to have with anyone else.
Mat can almost always coax a smile out of him.
At the end of November we took advantage of a warmish night and headed up to the zoo for ZooLights. It was really fun.
Anders did find a moment or two to feel grumpy.
Their light displays seem to get better each year.
The carousel was beautiful all lit up at night. Brian and Sarah were kind enough to escort the boys on a ride.


We can't wait until the new Africa exhibit is finished in 2014!

No comments: