Friday, February 22, 2013

September 2012

In September Brian and I decided to make refrigerator pickles for the first time. They turned out to be pretty good, and I thought they looked so pretty in the jars. Hooray for us for being domestic!
One iPad and 4 boys = a crowd around one small electronic device. I love how they're all piled together.
Brian's brother got married in mid-September. It was a beautiful day to spend time with a beautiful couple.
I love this family that I married into.
Brian is the oldest of seven brothers, so here's a sideways look at the brotherly group. My kids are lucky to have so many fantastic uncles!
Brian and his sister's little boy bonded over food at the wedding breakfast. I think this little guy is so adorable. I wish we got to see him and his momma more often.

Pictures at the wedding reception didn't go over so well with the little people.

These pictures of Bradon and Anders just melt my heart. They occupied themselves by playing a head-butting game. :)
In September our house was hit by UofU vandals. Brian's truck got the worst of it, but they also managed to hit our basketball backboard.
We'll have to think of a way to get back at the culprits next year.
Ethan's best friend's dad coached a flag football team this year and Ethan got to be a part of it.
I can't believe how much of a difference a positive coach can make. Ethan played flag football once before with an overly competitive coach. His coach this year focused on learning the game and having fun. Ethan had a great experience and loved every minute of it. We're so thankful for the C family and their son J. They have really been a blessing in Ethan's life.
Tanner's 7th birthday came at the end of the month! One of these days I'm going to be an amazing cake decorator. Maybe. I tried my best, but my cakes always end up looking a little sad. However, Tanner loved it (bless his heart).

He had a great birthday party with lots of fun gifts from us and his grandparents.



It's so hard to believe that this cute little guy will be getting baptized this year.
Tanner is a fun loving guy. He loves activity and always wants to be doing something. At the same time I'll often find him reading/looking at books by himself on the couch. He's so bright and has a very active imagination. He really enjoys listening to audio books and cheering on BYU.  Tanner has a room brightening smile and I just can't get enough of it. He has a hard teacher in first grade this year, but he is making the best of it and staying positive. He's struggled with his temper in the past, but each year he gets better and I'm proud of him for working so hard on that.

Thanks to everyone for making my Tanner boy's birthday so special.
Also in September we were able to go to the free day at the new Natural History Museum at the UofU. This place was amazing! What an improvement! Even though it was free that day it wasn't too terribly busy and we had a great time exploring the place. The little boys especially loved the dig site "playground" area.



We're glad that Aunt Sarah took the time to come with us as well. We loved this cool floor that changed color as pressure was applied.

I thought this whole place was interesting and I hope we get to go back soon.

1 comment:

Dasha said...

It's fun to see what you've been up to and see your boys growin'. I can see now why you have boys and probably would continue to have boys. That's a lot of brothers!