Friday, February 5, 2010

My Guilty Pleasure

My friend, Michelle, will sometimes confess her guilty pleasures be it a book, movie, or TV show. I decided it's time to confess mine. It's been 10 years since my roommates and I had a blast watching the first season of Survivor, and I've been a big fan ever since. I did miss a couple of seasons (Australia and one in Africa, possibly another one?), but usually I carve out the time to catch this show. What can I say? I love the challenges, I love the very interesting people who participate in the show (or love to hate them), and I love it when contestants get blindsided and voted off by their "friends." After all these years I'm still amazed how people make alliances and then trust the people all the way to the bitter end even though they know there can be only one winner.

So I am eagerly looking forward to the next season of Survivor which starts next Thursday night. It's Heroes vs. Villains so former contestants from previous seasons will come back to compete against each other. It should make for a very interesting season and I can't wait! Brian is always great about watching it with me (he loves the challenges and puzzles too), but if you ever want to watch with me just give me a call and come on over!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'd come! I love me a good reality game show...

amy stansel said...

ha!! ha! I must admit....i haven't watched it every season but I did watch it last season and look forward to watching this next one.

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Too funny. I'm so glad you're able to admit your guilty pleasure . . .it's cathartic isn't it? Hahaha I don't think I've watched it since our Brittany days . . .although I think watching it with you would be MUCH more enjoyable. Maybe you should write everyone's name up on the wall again and we can rip them down when they get voted off.