I am proud of my boys for being good and kind to each other. . . almost always. They love to play together and even do a really good job of trying to include Bradon. The other night as I was cleaning up after dinner I could hear Bradon and Ethan in the living room giggling together. We're not perfect by any means, but we're doing our best.
Last night Brian had left for meetings and it was just me and the boys at home. They were pretending to be spies trying to spy on me! I caught them peeking from around the fridge and told them that a spy's job was to see but not be seen. I told them that if they were caught they would have to change their appearance. Ethan and Tanner asked what that meant and I told them that they would need to change their hairstyle, sport a mustache, change their clothing, etc. A little while later I was cleaning up before bedtime and called the boys into their room to change into pajamas. Tanner came out of the bathroom smelling of something familiar that I couldn't quite place. I asked him what he'd been up to and he said "Ethan did it!" I called Ethan and he comes out of the bathroom with shiny hair. I was just hoping they hadn't been using some kind of toxic cleaner that would eat away their hair. Ethan told me they were trying to change their appearance and how did I like their new hairstyles? I told him to go into the bathroom and get whatever they'd been spraying. It turned out Ethan thought the sunscreen was hairspray and had been liberally applying it to their hair. Their hair was shimmery and nice and greasy. Mission accomplished. I had to laugh after giving them the lecture on always asking me before using something. I should have taken a picture.
3 comments:
How cute! I love the picture. You did an amazing job at getting them all to look! I still can't get Rylee to look, and she's 9!
You are a wonderful mommy. Your boys have always impressed me with their manners and their kindness. Nice to have a Dr. recognize it! :)
How cute! They are very kind little boys . . .you should be very proud of them!
So cute. Love that kindness; I think that's one of the most important things you can teach them. Good job!
Post a Comment