Thursday, October 16, 2008

Epcot

Our third day at Walt Disney World was spent at Epcot. This is probably my favorite park, and while a lot of kids don't like it, Ethan really loves it. That's because he is a big fan of Test Track and this year he was looking forward to riding Mission Space. We hit Test Track first thing and Ethan was able to ride a couple of times before we headed for Mission Space. We chose the less intense experience since I am prone to motion sickness. This was actually my first time on the ride as well. I thought it was fun, but Ethan really loved it. He wanted to be the pilot every single time he rode it.

We then headed over to The Seas to ride Nemo, which I think is just so cute. We also saw Turtle Talk with Crush, although the boys were reluctant participants. We decided to grab lunch at The Land which ended up being the biggest disappointment of the trip. It was not very good. I think it got a thumbs down from everyone.

After an afternoon break we headed back to Epcot. My mom even sweet talked her way into our awesome parking spot at the front of the lot that we'd had earlier in the day. We hurried our way to the World Showcase Pavilion to have dinner at Teppan Edo in Japan. Teppan Edo got a thumbs up from everyone in our group. We were seated right away, but dinner took a while. I think the slow pace was because those Japanese are just too darned polite. It was fun to watch the chef prepare our food and the steak was good, but the shrimp were divine. It was a yummy dinner. And the best part was that even though I had to visit the restroom with my boys on several different occasions, my food was warm because the chef put my plate on the cooking surface to keep it warm while I was away. The boys liked the cooking show, but also kept busy by playing with their cameras during dinner.
They had rigged some chopsticks to make them easier to use which was really fun. The boys had their tempura dinner in monorails. Tanner liked it and Ethan did not. Surprise!
The onion volcano:


Bradon knew his meal wasn't being prepared right then, so he wasn't interested.

While my dad and I waited for the check Bri and my mom took the boys outside to watch the drummers. They took lots of pictures on their cameras.
We stopped at the American Adventure to watch the show there and then Ethan and Tanner found the trains between Germany and Italy. This night they had several different trains running and they were very interested.

We ended the day with Illuminations. I love this fireworks show. The pictures on the globe are so cool. Disney has to have the best fireworks. The end to another fun day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cynthia, Your boys are getting so big. We miss you guys so much!! It looks like life is great for you guys!!

Sarah